Vogue 8921 In Black-Metallic Gold Foil African-Inspired Stretch Velour
Happy New Year!
This is one of four projects that I’d hoped to finish before the end of 2017. I barely made it finishing the hem on December 30th around mid-night. This fabric is definitely the speaker. No need for a lot of details to show it off. So I decided to make another version of Vogue 8921, view C, the first time I used this pattern was in 2014.
Forgive if the photo quality is not the best. It is brutally cold in Illinois. So no outdoor picture. No way, no how.
My goal was to have this dress finished before Thanksgiving, in time for the holiday season. But luck would have it, I missed the mark on making sure the pattern was consist on both side of the front bodice. So last month I had to order another yard to re-cut the front bodice. What was suppose to be quick and easy, turned into some tedious ripping out and replacing. Once it was all done, it was a piece of cake. 😉
|First front bodice|
Mood still has this fabric available on the website: Black and Metallic Gold Foil African-Inspired Stretch Velour. If you decide to try it, you won’t be disappointed. It has a soft and fuzzy hand. The glossy finish speaks elegance. You can make a super easy dress or some fancy pants. Both will be a very easy sewing project. My dress wears like my best pj’s. Easy on the skin and it lays gently against the body.
I did post a few pictures before my review. First, because I wanted to include this dress in Moods LBD2017 Instagram challenge. So this is one of two reviews that I will do this month for the network. This black velour is a beautiful textile that should not go unnoticed. So I did not to miss this chance to share my project and write a review.
I had my usual adjustments with the addition of rising the front neckline about three inches and installing the invisible zipper closure at the edge of the center back of the neckline. No hook and eye needed. Because the zipper has inter-locking teeth, it does not roll down.
It was a bit of a challenge to get the print placement the same on both sides of the front. I really think it is uneven as far as the spacing. But the new front bodice halves are close to a mirror image and that was good enough for me this time. 😉
I’m happy I finally finished the dress. It is hanging in my closet, ready for the next appropriate social event to wear it.
That’s all for now.