Seeking New Fashion Sewing Bloggers! International Too!
Hi guys, from Meg at Mood! I’ve got good news and bad news today. Bad news: Carolyn and Haylee have notified us that they are no longer able to continue blogging for the Mood Sewing Network, because sometimes life gets in the way of sewing and blogging regularly. Sniff! We will miss them so much but we wish them the best of luck. Good news: This means two spots are now open for new Mood Sewing Network bloggers! We are looking for fashion sewing bloggers from the United States, Canada, Australia and the UK. (Those countries provide the vast amount of daily traffic to MoodFabrics.com.)
Below are the guidelines to be considered as a Mood Sewing Network blogger. In return for providing us with a minimum of one post each month, we provide you with a sizable monthly sewing allowance to spend on fabrics, trims and notions of your choosing at MoodFabrics.com. It’s a win-win!
• Must have at least six months to a year of hosting your own sewing blog, at which you post at least once a month or more. Sorry, but the Mood Sewing Network is not the place to “try out” writing a blog. Established bloggers only, please.
• Must be primarily a fashion sewer. You love to sew clothes above all other types of sewing.
• Sewers of all skill levels are welcome to apply, but we need to be convinced that you are a careful and thoughtful sewer who is always looking to improve her/his skills and is willing to sew a wide repertoire of fabrics.
• Must be open to sewing all types of garments. For example, if you really only like to sew tops, then we probably would not be interested in you. You have to be open to sewing tops, dresses, jackets, pants, etc. We will never ask you to make a garment you’d never wear, however. It’s really all about variety and creating an interesting, ever-changing experience for our readers.
• Must be able to choose a target post date each month and be able to meet that date. (We do understand that life can get in the way of sewing or that you have sewing misfires which may cause you to miss a date; it happens.) You are reliable and understand this is a business arrangement where we are depending on you to supply a post each month about what you make with the fabric we provide you.
• Must take clear photos that inspire others to sew and create. You understand the difference between good and bad lighting, and you usually shoot in natural light and in a variety of settings. Your photos are always clear and sharp, and the fabric and details of your garment are always highlighted. Must be willing to show your face in photos (no cropped heads or hidden faces).
• The ability to write well is a plus. You must feel comfortable writing about the fabric you’ve chosen, what it was like to sew, and why it worked or didn’t work for your project.
• Having an established following for your own blog is also a plus, though we are willing to bring on newer bloggers who may not have been “discovered” quite yet. Sponsorships with other fabric companies are not allowed as a MSN blogger. Familiarity with and a presence on other social media—Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook—is beneficial.
• Your love of clothes, fashion and style is evident. You love to look good. And you know that wearing beautiful fabric always helps you look your best.
Send an email with a link to your blog to email@example.com, and write “Mood Sewing Network blogger” in the subject line. Note: If you responded to the query we posted on Facebook on November 7 looking for guest bloggers, you do not need to re-apply. We have your email and will consider you for the two open spots.
Looking forward to hearing from you! —Meg at Mood