Cotton Stretch Sateen
Baby or bridal shower, garden party or luncheon, I’ve got a blooming dress to wear 🙂
With Spring in full bloom, I was craving a bouquet of my own and selected Butterick 6048, View C for its whimsical cutout shoulders.
What I thought would be an easy sew became quite eventful, but the sateen beautifully held its own against multiple bastings, the frixon pen and a busy seam ripper.
The dress is designed as a pullover (with a center back seam), but after making the initial muslin I decided to add a zipper to avoid excessive wrinkling from pulling it over my head.
I removed 2 inches from the upper width of the sleeve to remedy the gaping without restricting arm and upper body movement.
The pattern described as a fitted dress was quite baggy even after sizing down from the muslin. Since my fabric print was busy, I knew darts would disappear into the design. I added four vertical darts in the bodice; two 11″ in the front and two 18″ in the back!
Much better 😉
More sewing details will be on the blog tomorrow, but now I’d like to celebrate the profusion of spring blossoms ~ in every genre 🙂